7.29.2009

2.0

As I emerge myself more into the 2.0 technology I begin to make being involved on a personal and professional level a higher priority. The web 2.0 videos really hit home for me on a personal and professional level. If the web is us then I am impacting the world by adding information to the web. When I think of adding information I automatically begin to think of work. I am a cataloger and what I do is add information to our records. Not only is this information added to the marc record but it is also an addition to the world wide collection of information. My boss says that we do not catalog for our university but for google. Google crawls many many sites and gleans all it can. For a library whose business is to collect information, I feel that every librarian and satff should be emersing themselves web 2.0 technology. The web is how our wrold operates. It is where we go for information. In the information business, we need to be a runner in the ever evolving technology that is bringing the world together.

No comments:

Post a Comment