7.28.2009

Facebook

I have had a facebook since I was in college. I use this to keep up with friends I do not see on a regular basis, share photos with family far away, and join groups who are important to me. Our library just created a social web site/ personality policy for sites such as facebook, wikis, blogs, and etc. There was a facebook group created for one of our branch libraries by a student who was advertising for us. While we appreciated the excited we did not have any control over the content. Action is going to be taken to have the group taken down and discussion about various departments creating groups. It is apparently wanted by our students. In my department, we have a wiki through the university that we post to. I hope to see plans for more social networking for our IR.

No comments:

Post a Comment